Sunday, September 16, 2012

Convalescing

My knee has been officially jacked up for 3 weeks.  It started right after our trip to KS to be in Tanner and Mina's wedding.  Patterson also delivered me my new bike, a carbon Cannondale Scalpel 29er, so I am hypothesizing that my knee issues arise from riding a ill fit bike, standing around in dress shoes, doing the stanky leg at the reception, and then kneeling for like a hour while I talked to people that were sitting at their table at the reception. 
The swelling has gone down, but there is still so much fluid in the joint that its painful to bend my knee past 95 degrees.  I had a MRI a week ago, but no one from the doctors office or the hospital has called me. The sucking sound from this healthcare provider is starting to become audible.If rafal brought me a bunch of his cherry infused moonshine I might just aspirate it myself.

So today I said screw it, and rode my new bike anyway. Now for some cold therapy.  It was so worth it.

No comments: