Saturday, March 15, 2014

Filthy 50 and holiday musing (yes its 5 months late)

So this past fall a couple of us went down to do the Filthy 50.  It was the shortest gravel race I have ever done, and was hands down the fastest. The first 40 miles had about a dozen of us in the first chase group just gnawing stem the whole time. I popped about 5 miles from the finish and cramped so badly I actually had to get off the bike for like 5 minutes. Drew won the Mens race, and Monika rode a flat for the last 2 miles to win the womens race. It was a good time.
Monika, Ben Oney, Scott Spoo and I rode down in the new minivan. tires were getting swapped going down the road! Long live the minivan!

Drew time trialed away to the win.
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of triathletes suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened." Joshua Stamper
Not gonna lie, I like that van.
This dude crushed some souls. Chugging a big ol' gear.
I made a cajun stuffing with andouille sausage, oysters, and okra to go with the yard bird that I brined. Justin Wilson would have been proud.

No comments: