Wednesday, December 17, 2008

CX nationals and the end of the semester

Been busy...real busy. Been modeling nitrification in soils with anhydrous ammonia as a source. not much fun. But We did make it out to Tiffany Springs park this past weekend to do the SS race, and be loud and proud. I was not dissapointed with my performance, but I was hopping for a top 20 finish. I came up a little short but had a good time nontheless. As I was looking at all the pictures from my race it was pretty hard to find any where I was not standing and grindin up a hill. My choice of gearing was subpar to say the least. I ran what I have always run for cross, a 42:18. I was very competative for the first few laps hanging in the top 20 and passing folks all the while.

I even managed to bridge up to Patterson (and his carbon fiber wheels) for a few minutes and then my irresponcible decision to turn a monsterous gear took its toll.
Below you can see me fending off the advances of that West Virginia woman Betsy Shogren Which I managed to do for about 5 laps.

Phot cred: Carolynne Locke
The problem was the race lasted 6 laps. Yes I got passed by a girl who proceded to ride the run up that I had to run. I was mocked unmercifully by the crowd and Roger Harrison will never let me live it down.

Photo cred: Roger Harrison
The one upside to my monsterous gearing was that I did dominate some guy from Spike Shooter in a sprint at the end to finish 24th. You can see Kyle Shour in the photo above, and he would also pass me towards the end of the race to finish 23rd. It was good to get out there and mix it up with some new faces and ride an awesome course.
Things are coming together for Team Bad Goat Racing. We will make our presence known at Ouachita. I also heard from a throughly unreliable source that Brandon Bundy will return to dominate Boss Cross 3.
More to followw tomorrow after I triumph over the trivial meddling of the Cropping Systems 640 Final.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Good job at nat's, time to start training for mountain season!