Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Got back from my trip to IN all in one piece. Al's family get together every few years in a central part of the country and southern IN meets that criteria. Initially planned to take the mountainous bicycle, but the call for rain and above freezing temps changed that plan. Drug the cross bike along for some gravel road action in and around the Hoosier National Forest outside of French Lick, IN (no I am not kidding thats what its called). My brother in law, Brad Reed, is always game for some rambling rides.

He also likes to bike in his "shady man" sun glasses. I actually credit (or blame) Brad to getting me into cycling when I married into the family. We had to endure some soul crushingly steep climbs in that area.

Here we are as matching HEED guzzling Ninjas. Its great, every year we get matching gifts from Laura.

Ordered my new pack for TMHTE. I will report back later on how I like this design.
I also scored some new brakes for a song and a dance. Lots of folks say that they do not like Strokers, but I liken Hyd. brakes to high end suspension forks.....I have never used them so I probably would not appreciate (or respect) them (my lack of respect for nice things is a primary reason that I cannot have them). They can't be any worse than BB5's or so we will see. I am currently having the lines chopped down to fit so stay tuned for a review.

Yesterday me and Zach D went out for some into the north wind gravel suffering . 25 miles into the wind (avg speed 12mph) and 25 miles with it at our backs (avg speed 21 mph) .
I am reall looking forward to the end of next week as I will be heading to Idaho to see mi familia and cut some big lines at Sun Valley.
Happy New years

No comments: