Tuesday, January 5, 2010

hoar frost nipping at your.......

...Well when the temps have been ranging from -15 to 17 degrees F, the hoar frost nips at all your appendages.

You know that you are in NE when you can buy a UNL red festivus tree. If you know me you know how I feel about fake Christmas trees, much less red fake Christmas trees. I obviously have a lot of work to do here.


The whitetrash assault vehicles were not amused by the extremely cold temps and glut of snow that they encountered.


Big Al has been getting her organization on.


Best to let sleeping dogs lie.


The new abode has lots of character (read: its really old, drafty and inefficient)
Work has kept me busy sorting through the ugliest (most poorly managed) database that I have ever encountered. Normally I have "massage" a data set before I can get it to do what I want. This data set requires foreplay. I am looking forward to conducting my own research so I do not have to deal with other peoples data.
I was also introduced to the concept of "Lean" business culture. Its very much like "the Toyota Way". In short, it celebrates ideas and innovation.
Went for a trot around the 'loo this morning and Brutus was really struggling with this cold paws. Word on the street is more snow and continued bitter cold. Sweet!

3 comments:

Brad said...

Nice looking place. Congrats!! We'll see it in August.

Andrew Slater said...

Pad looks pretty swank for an inefficient oldie.

7300 miles said...

Place looks great Josh! You should come visit us in CO this summer. Hundreds of miles of epic gravel and mountain bike trails, plus if you get that FS bike, i might be working at Trestle Bike Park, you could huck some serious gnar there...